“It is a joy to be hidden, and disaster not to be found.”
My approach to therapy is psychodynamic, psychoanalytic, and relational. Our task together is to help unlock the parts of you that got stuck somewhere along the way. I believe that the power of speaking freely with an attentive and invested listener about your past, your dreams, your struggles, your pleasures, your desires, and the ways you wish to be unburdened cannot be underestimated. I offer you a place to work it through. I am an active and engaged therapist, I offer you my mind and I will climb into the trenches with you.
I often find that much of our energy attends to obscuring that which we don’t want to see. When we take the risk of looking with curiosity and intention, we allow the space to understand ourselves in new ways. I believe that through knowing ourselves more deeply we are able to show up in our own lives in ways we could not before. We are free to make new choices, connect with others more deeply, and come alive.
Who I work with:
- People struggling with isolation and loneliness
- People wanting to deepen their self-awareness in any arena through depth-focused relational therapy
- People wanting to change their relationship to alcohol and drugs, self-punishment and internal critics
- People feeling dissatisfied in their relationships with others and wanting to create deeper connections
- People who feel misunderstood or underappreciated
- Adolescents dealing with anxiety and perfectionism
- Creatives and artists feeling stuck in their process
- People working in the helping professions who want to create stronger boundaries
- People impacted by complex and/or generational trauma
- Adults 65+
- Queer, trans, and non-binary folks who are experiencing any of the above